Sunday, February 8, 2009

Louvre & the Luxembourg garden



Sunday 1st of February. This was the day I was to guide K around the Louvre on my favorite tour for people who have never been. I have developed a three hour tour in which you see everything you have to see plus some miscellanious great stuff. However it took much longer than that because we did some great photo sessions in the museum. Especially in the Cour Marly which is my favorite place in the Louvre, maybe even in the entire city.

After the Louvre we went to St. Sulpice and did a short visit to the church on our way to the Luxembourg garden. When showing an almost luxemburger – hahaha ;-) – around Paris you have to go to the garden. Weather was very cold and windy but we still managed to have a great stroll through the park. After that we were desperately searching for a place to defrost and went to the Café de la Mairie which has a nice view of the St. Sulpice church. Tea was never this good! And I am not even a fan of tea if it’s not yogi tea!

We used the break time to make plans for the rest of the day. Realising it was just too cold to stay out for much longer we took the metro to St. Michel and walked to Ile de la Cité and visited Notre Dame. I love Notre Dame. It is a huge room though so they have tv-screens in the church where people who are sitting further back can still see the people doing the mass.

I guess I must be a pseudo American cause when dinner time arrived we made our way to one of my favorite places Le diable des Lombards which is very American. After dinner we walked home through the Marais and then we watched the first part of Anne of Green Gables, while uploading our photos to my laptop. Of course I’m talking about the Sullivan films starring Megan Follows as Anne. Any other version is just plain blasphemy! Another great and sunny day ended in Paris and I was very happy with all the great photos. K – thank you for making me look so good!