Sunday, February 8, 2009

Last day with K



Tuesday 3rd of February. We went to the Champs Elysees to check out the Adidas store. K was envious of my great Adidas shoes with the cute purple flowers. To think that anyone would be envious of my stuff! Yay. I can’t be completely oblivious stylewise ;-) No shoes found we hurried over to Virgin Megastore where K bought lots of gadget stuff and Yael Naims cd, which is sooo good. Then we proceeded to Publicis drugstore to grab a quick bite to eat on the go. Really odd to already be back in the drugstore so soon after I have stopped working just across the street from it. We then climbed the stairs to the top of the Arc de Triomph. The weather was exceptionally good. It was almost warm up there and oh so nice to soak up some rays of sun. And I just love the view from the top.

After that we walked all the way down the Champs Elysees and took great photos of each other at the fountain at the Place de la Concorde. Then it was onto the last stop for K’s Paris holiday: Angelina in the Rue de Rivoli for that famous chocolate. Angelina was very beautiful and we both decided to eat the chocolate cake instead of the chocolate drink which is famous all over the city. I have had chocolate con churros in Madrid and though it might not be the same I’m not that into fluid hot chocolate except if it is with lots of fruit – I am more of a hot cocoa person (and now only soy cocoa!). Lucky cause I can’t really eat chocolate. It is usually associated with very adverse reactions for me. However I decided to take the chance because how often do you get to eat such famous chocolatey-stuff?

The cake was absolutely delicious and even though it was quite small I had to leave some of it because the flavour was sooo intense and had I eaten anymore I would have ended up not enjoying it at all. It simply would have been overkill. The visit was great, only thing that detracted a bit was the fact that they put up a giant camera which was filming in our direction. However they then moved on and proceeded to film scenes in a corner towards the street so we could finally have our peace! After the lovely stop at Angelinas we walked back home, then uploaded the last photos and I put K on the train to the airport and already the holiday was over. It was great though and definetely worth repeating so we will have to do that again some day!